Tuesday, August 7, 2007

FLCL. Fan fiction

They say ignorance is bliss… they could be right you know. Finding out they your planet is considered the backwater hillbilly joke of every sentient being this side of infinity, kind of makes everything seam a bit pointless ya know?


So, I sit here in the butt hole of the universes steering out at my home town watching the people go about there sad little lives… wondering where I went wrong.




No…it wasn’t my fault it was hers, Vespa riding psycho, why she chose me ill never know, maybe she didn’t, I mean could have been a random hit and run… if she hadn’t smashed me in the head with her guitar afterwards…



So it turns out the medical mechanica are using our trashy little planet as a staging area for weapons production, you would think out of the thousands of people living in this town someone would have been concerned about the massive factory on the hill that no one go’s into or leaves. But that's us humans for ya. Anyway, so coz of the developing planets bill and some activists taking pity on our slumming selves, the powers that be in the universe decide to send an agent here to check it out… and she hits me in the head with a guitar. Now it turns out there is a point to it, I have a very rear and (so I am told) nearly imposable mutation. In between the left and right side of my brain there’s a N.O. space, a point where time and matter cease to exist… we as a species are about 40.000 years off developing this ability, let alone using it… now I want you to imagine for a moment, someone tells you that in between your ears is a space of absolutely nothing, less than nothing and that this nothing is so special that it can let things cross huge spaces in seconds… yay…


So she smacks me in the head and uses it to transport stuff to our technologically backward place, and it would have worked if the medical mechanica’s enemies hadn’t decided to use the line to send weapons to destroy Thayer factory. Good for us? No, Problem being that the mechanica would destroy the planet if Thayer factory was captured.


So the day after meeting said nutcase I wake up with a lump sprouting from my head, embarrassing as you’d imagine, which shortly bursts free into 2 robots trying to kill each other… enter Haruko, smashing everything that moves…



I return home beaten and dishevelled to find her at my dinner table, she’s became our live in house keeper she tells me, dads overjoyed... So now I have a house keeper, a permanently distracted father and a psychotic alien guard… you think having things pop out of an empty space in your head is strange, you should try living with a deranged alien, first she invades my room, turns my cat in to a intergalactic walky-talky, repairs one of the robots she’s smacked up to do her job at the house, dehydrates dad and sticks him in a cupboard and humiliates me at school, all in all I hated every minute of it, now I miss it.




She finished her job here, and left right then, not even a goodbye.



She’s been gone for months, the factory’s shut down and silent, the destroyed alien machines dragged away by government agency’s to be fanatically researched in a attempt to catch there tech up with the rest of the universe…



They even kept me in a lab for the first few weeks after she left, trying to extract working alien tech from my head, fortunately without Haruko here it doesn’t seam to work anymore, otherwise I would be there strapped to a table with men in white cotes ripping peaces of weird stuff from my head to be studied. That small luck seams to be all I have been afforded, that and I still have the guitar she gave me… its looks so normal, even though Iv seen what it really dose. I guess I should learn how to play it, since Iv been carrying it around for months.


Will tweak the whole thing and End is still to come…
You think the end should be “morbid wow is life on this little planet” or "she returns/lead in for something more interesting" tipe of thing?


Chris

5 comments:

IdaPida said...

no matter what you say i find the story funny.

as you know i don't really know the whole concept, but it seems quite interesting, (yes even tho you say it's meaningless and weird)

I could easily see this as a full-lenght fan fic eventually (if you ever find the time)
it works well as a one-shot, but it leaves me curious about where she's gone, will they come back. what is gonna happen..

i liked it

Mani said...

In the 21st century the world moves with science. so anything can happen at any time .People are crazy with weapons. Nuclear weapons are more fearful and everyone dread those weapons. In future people deprnd upon different plannets. When one plannet is polluted they go for other plannets for weapon production.

Chrimbinal said...

I love FLCL,I was considering doing it for this project too :> This is cool, but I kinda feel like you are just telling the story of what happened in the anime... again . but that's why i'm keen for the ending!! ,,
Hmm, Maybe She could come back through his own head.. ?
Maybe have a morbid ending like you suggest, and have Medical Mechanica destroy his planet?
Anything would be great, because it seems like there isn't much FLCL fic.
Awesome writing style though, sounds pretty much just like Taro- - you just need to review the typos and spelling mistakes.
You really showed his unenthusiastic,kind of negative bored attitude even while he speaks about the most insane stuff.
It's like his monotonous life led him in a way not to believe anything out of the ordinary. I dunno, I'm just rambling now.
More more more, and fix the typo's.

IdaPida said...

see i told you it was a good story, and i am not the only one who wants more!

taro-kun said...

some of the bad grammer is intentual, fits in better with his mentality. the spelling and typos however... yea ill fix that =)
iv got 2 diffrent endings for this, boath quite short. 1s just more morbid rambeling realy n the other ends with him conplaing how his life got exciteing again.
anyway, thnx 4 t comments. ill fin this eventualy =P